Elmhurst University was founded in 1871 by the United Church of Christ and is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
*The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the master’s degree program in nursing at Elmhurst University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Elmhurst University is recognized for academic excellence by national ranking organizations including:
- #9 in Most Innovative Schools
- #20 Best Colleges for Veterans (Regional Universities Midwest)
- #20 Best Undergraduate Teaching (Regional Universities Midwest)
- #13 Best Regional Universities Midwest (#1 in that category in Illinois)
- #19 Best Value Schools (Regional Universities Midwest)
- #8 Top Performers for Social Mobility (Social mobility is an important new measure that tracks how accessible college is to students with lower family incomes.)
- 2020 Top Adult Undergrad Degree Programs